Monday, January 30, 2012

Not wanting to add another rabbit to over whelmed rescue centres.?

We were offered my hubbys daughters rabbit tonight as she has split up from her boyfriend. I have 2 at the moment, male and female, both spayed. They have the run of kitchen, utility room and hall. They have a rabbit flap to the garden 24/7 and a rabbitflap to there outside hut (complete with carpet and net curtains lol). The new one is female and about a year old. She is not used to being handled and used to a hutch (my 2 have never been in a hutch as I think they are more like prison cells for the innocent) Do you think I should leave her in the hutch for the first few days then leave her door open (under supervision) to let er explore? Any suggestions would be most welcome x

Not wanting to add another rabbit to over whelmed rescue centres.?
because she split with her boyfriend??? huh?? is that a reason to abandon an animal??



letting it loose is illegal in most areas..



read ths link

http://www.gomestic.com/Pets/Advice-on-G...



EDIT - whoops sorry.. misread your question.. I thought you were talking about leaving the hutch open and hoping she would "run away"..



BIG mistake on my part.. very sorry..



yes keep her in hutch for a few days...


No comments:

Post a Comment